Euralarm continues to use this important platform to advance the views of the fire safety Industry, and notably the need to understand the importance of a holistic view in achieving fire safety that cover three aspects:
- The building structure and its contents must be considered as to how they contribute to the overall fire load as well as how they can hinder and restrain a fire event.
- Technical means to provide early detection and evacuation of the building coupled with extinguishing.
- Organisational plans on what is to be done in such an event and who is responsible to execute what measures.
Last month, Euralarm took part in a working group has a focus on domestic fires and fire prevention which aims to present shortly on two main deliverables:
1. Data collection from residential fires, analyses on casualties and data on what caused the fire.
2. Transnational learning and experience sharing from prevention and education programs in at national level.
First findings on both topics will be presented at the next plenary meeting of the FIEP, which will take place in Brussels on November 23rd.