Bylaw - Membership
The following proposal of the BSIA was approved by a resolution passed at the Euralarm General Assembly 2009 in Sorrento / Italy.
The proposal shall lead to a common interpretation how new membership applications should be dealt with and which specific criteria should be fulfilled to achieve Euralarm membership.
Article 3 of the Euralarm statutes shall be read as follows:
Article 3 - Acquisition
Membership in accordance with Article 2 may be applied for
- by the trade associations with its principle business in the Fire and/or Security Industry independently* established in European countries for more than two years;
- by individual European companies with its principle business in the Fire and/or Security Industry in the geography of Europe and fulfilling the following criteria’s:
- pays membership-fee and provides people for the Euralarm Committees
- perspective for a long term relationship
- paid-up member of at least one Trade Association already member of Euralarm
Applications for membership in one of the sections shall be submitted in writing to the General Secretariat. Admission to membership shall be decided upon by the Euralarm Board. All these decisions shall be taken in accordance with Article 8 paragraph 6/7 of these Statutes.
*It means that the divisions should have their independency what decisions in their specific business concerns
This change is proposed to ensure that any company or trade association is primary in the Security and/or Fire industry.
Approved and released by the Euralarm members on May 18th, 2009 at the Euralarm General Assembly 2009 in Sorrento / Italy.